Popular Posts

Friday 15 July 2016

DAY SIX

DAY SIX

Cup of green tea with honey and lemon tea bag


Smoothie – spinach, 2 apples peeled, pips removed and frozen mango

Dehydrated crackers anti pesto dip

Fresh cherries

Pistachios

Large salad – romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, grated carrot, avocado, hot peppered olives

Juice – ¾ pineapple, 4 Jaffa oranges

Flax crackers with hummus

Dehydrated – tray 1 and 2, almond crackers made with almond pulp, nutritional yeast, flax seek ground up in coffee grinder, black pepper, salt and mixed herbs, mixed in food processors with s blade, tray 3 sliced bell peppers marinated in soya, hot pepper, olive oil and salt left over from veg sticks yesterday (hate to waste will be great for salad garnish) and tray 4 more kale!

Second round of dehydrated – tray 1 and 2 flax seed crackers mixed with the pulp from pineapple and orange juice and cinnamon, tray 3 pineapple and banana chunks and tray 4 banana chunks


Woke up feeling better than yesterday but very hungry the swelling near my knees have almost gone and the headaches was much lesser.  Decided to get out my Paul McKenna hypnosis and listened to lose weight in 14 days and more successful life in 7 days as the weight loss one has worked in the past in terms of making right food choices and motivation.

Got the dehydrator going again and have made crackers with pulp left over from making almond milk for the last 4 days, they turned out really good but are very dry but they actually cheesy thanks to the nutritional yeast, the peppers are fantastic, I always have left over pepper will dehydrate the left over from now on.

Have noticed I am doing far more washing up of containers and tools such as food processor, juicer and blending cup which is getting on my nerves a little.

My tummy is a lot better today as I had no cashews and I think I was right the cashews were upsetting my tummy, I am also feeling very alert so going shopping as it’s a beautiful day in Margate.

Feeling a little isolated and am thinking about seeking out like-minded people which I have never done before looking on line there are lots of pot luck meet ups, meet up apps and a lot of raw food festivals so watch this space!

I woke up extra hungry this morning must have been all that juice yesterday so after going shopping made an extra big salad and it was so big that afterwards I felt tired and had a nap ended up sleeping 5 hours and I still was not hungry after that lol.  It might also have something to do with the fact that I woke up at 5am and could not go back to sleep.

I was in the mood for something sweet so juiced some pineapple and oranges and the flavour never tasted so good I wanted to make more but I thought about all that sugar or was it the Paul McKenna tape?  Only time will tell.  Fresh orange and pineapple juice made fresh is so much better than shop bought, I forgot what I was missing, might make carrot, apple and ginger tomorrow that is also good and sweet too but not so much sugar.  I will save the pulp to make sweet dehydrated crackers, just be adding cinnamon and flax seed and that will make something sweet to chew on and will add fibre to the cracker too, basic dehydrated cracker recipe includes one cup of flax seed and 2 cups of water, best left over night, that’s it, then you just add to it for flavour.  Also makes a great hair gel if you boil the basic recipe then just add essence oil and if you want it to last then also add vitamin e oil, it has a glue consistency and is great for the protein benefits, that’s why the dehydrated cracker never fails just soak with a little less water if using juicy ingredients like tomatoes or fruit and veg pulp.

As for shopping well I got some good deals today went to the pound shop and they actually had pumpkin seeds (I feel granola and nut bars coming on lol), also went to Holland and Barrett’s and got some good deals too, they had buy one get one half price and I have their card so also got a £1.50 discount!  I bought 2 bottles of agave nectar usual £3.69 a packet of flax seed and some sunflower seeds and I paid 5.96 for the lot, score lol.  I then went to Aldi and found pineapple for 69 pence, jars of black and green olives for 49 pence each and a bottle of balsamic vinegar for 69 pence.
Will be making some salad dressings when I am in the mood, basic ones include balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, garlic, agave nectar, olive oil and herbs then I like to add chilli peppers, or mustard depending on what mood I am in and if you want it creamy then you can blend with celery, I make then in old olive jars as they are air tight.

Further will not be dehydrating again until all that dehydrated stuff is gone lol just don’t want to feel deprived!


No comments:

Post a Comment