Popular Posts

Friday 15 July 2016

DAY FIVE

DAY FIVE

Lemon and ginger tea made with teabag

Half of melon

Juice – half cucumber, large carrot, 3 storks of celery, stick of ginger, 2 red apples, then blended with spinach and water, made 2 cups, saving the other for later

Dehydrated crackers with last of dip

Dehydrated kale chips made last night - yummy

A little of the dehydrated onions and sweet potato

Water

Second cup of juice

Veg sticks with dehydrated crackers and Anti pesto sauce made with 1 clove garlic (minced), red pepper (1 used jarred ones), 2 large tomatoes, Handful of olives (pips removed, used ones from a jar),1 tbs lemon juice, added a little hot pepper, black pepper and salt, blended in a food processor with s blade as to much to go into my ninja type cup blender


Smoothie – almond milk banana and agave nectar


Woke up this morning ankles less swollen and legs especially near knees less swollen and my skin feels softer, I don’t fell so grubby and sweating less but also Woke up with headache and feeling sick in the tummy so went back to sleep and woke up to my surprise midday!

While eating melon my jaw felt tired so decided to give it a rest today as well as my tummy so decided to juice and blend today, guess my jaw got used to the junk and not chewing my food so much!  

Before juicing felt groggy but after drinking the juice felt better inside and out the kick of ginger might have helped, although I can still taste the ginger on my tongue ½ hour later, ginger is meant to be good for the digestion.  Went back to bed as felt tired.

Think I figured out why my tummy was not doing well, the cashews were not soaked, so I will try soaking them for half hour with the mushroom marinade and then dehydrating with some seasoning to see if that makes a difference.

Also got the pulp left over from blending almonds from smoothie so will be experimenting with the pulp, have made dehydrated cookies in the past but it requires some diced coconut which i don’t have so will be making some herby dehydrated crackers, hate to waste the pulp!  Should have thought about that with the pulp from the juicing as they make excellent crackers too but was groggy at the time of juicing, will save the pulp next time and will add to flax crackers.

Also of note not missing meat or junk so far and as you can probably guess i love savory stuff and have that covered but am beginning to miss the sweet stuff and although the smoothies help I think I will be needing some sweet stuff to chew on, will be making some dehydrated fruit, pudding cups, nut bars and possibly some sorbets and simple raw ice creams to keep the cravings at bay.

Further note am weeing a great deal today, losing water weight perhaps, if the swelling on my legs going down anything to go by I guess that might explain it and more liquid in the diet too.  Went poo 4 times today unheard of for me in a very long time, a sign of my body flushing the crap out?

Didn’t feel like a salad today but veg sticks with the dip was yummy and the crackers are a god send as it curbs the need for bread, come to think of it am doing a lot of substituting and its making a difference for me, for example I love crisps but I have substituted with kale chips, sweet potato chips and the union chips and a have nipples here and there throughout the) day and are cheap to make, a large bag of kale is a pound and onions are next to nothing, cheaper than buying gourmet crisps and a lot better for you

I have noticed my taste buds are changing, I hated raw bell peppers but having them in my dip has made a difference.  The flavor just explodes in my mouth!  It true what they say things that you hated before taste different when you go raw




No comments:

Post a Comment